Greek Woodcutter, June 13 /56
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/16 x 6 1/8 inches (23 x 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower right: "Karopiskopos"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "3"; in graphite, lower left: "3"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "No. 11 - eleven"; in pen and black ink, center: "7 above | upright | Longwise"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons (fasteners) | genre subject | hat | man | pants | portrait | shirt | woodcutters (loggers)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Greek Woodcutter, June 13 /56, 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.