Sir John Vanbrugh
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 18 1/8 x 12 1/16 inches (46.1 x 30.6 cm), 13 15/16 x 9 13/16 inches (35.4 x 25 cm), and 12 1/2 x 9 13/16 inches (31.8 x 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "243"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "G. Kneller Bart. Pinxt."; lower center: "Sr. John Vanbrugh"; lower right: "I. Faber fecit 1733"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chain | coat | coat of arms | compass | crest | livery collar | man | pendant | portrait | shield | wig
- Associated People:
- Vanbrugh, Sir John (1664–1726), playwright and architect
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Sir John Vanbrugh, 1733
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.