Sir John Vanbrugh
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 13/16 x 9 inches (30 x 22.8 cm), Plate: 6 11/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17 x 13.1 cm), and Image: 5 13/16 x 4 5/8 inches (14.8 x 11.8 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Kneller pinx."; lower center: "S.R JOHN VANBRUGH."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blouse | buttons | chain | compass (drawing instrument) | crest | curls | gaze | jacket | man | medal | portrait | posing | wig
- Associated People:
- Vanbrugh, Sir John (1664–1726), playwright and architect
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Sir John Vanbrugh, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.