- Van Dyck et Son Protecteur le Comte de Bristol
- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 × 11 1/4 inches (25 × 28.6 cm), Plate: 7 3/16 × 8 1/2 inches (18.2 × 21.6 cm), and Image: 6 1/8 × 7 13/16 inches (15.5 × 19.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "2/ | 25.00"
Lettered, lower left: "Van Dyck Pinxt. | LE MUSEE DES DEUX MONDES."; lettered, lower center: "Imp. A. Salmon, Paris. | VAN DYCK ET SON PROTECTEUR LE COMTE DE BRISTOL, | Musee du Prado (Madrid)"; lettered, lower right: "Leopold Flameng Sculpt | Librairie Bachelin Deflorenne"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | beards | cloak | collar | cuffs | drapery | draughtsman (artist) | lace | mantle | men | moustaches | nobleman | painter | patron | portrait | posing
- Associated People:
- Digby, George, second earl of Bristol (1612–1677), politician
Dyck, Sir Anthony Van (1599–1641), painter and etcher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Leopold Flameng, 1831–1911, French, Van Dyck et Son Protecteur le Comte de Bristol, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.