IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Tepelene, 19 April 1857, 1857
Tepelene, 19 April 1857
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, smooth, white wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/16 x 7 11/16 inches (13.2 x 19.5 cm)
inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "[Deropouli] | Tepelene. | 19. April. | 1857"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- herders | landscape | mountains | river | road
- Associated Places:
- Albania | Aóös | Tepelenë
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Edward Lear and the Art of Travel (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-09-20 - 2001-01-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.