Toara, 11:15 a.m., January 1, 1867 (9)
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 1 7/8 x 9 3/8 inches (4.8 x 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Toara. Jany .1. 1867. 11.15AM"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(9)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper center: 2. upright | next above lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | building | landscape | limestone | marine art | mountains | quarry | river | river | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Lower Egypt | Nile | Tura
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Toara, 11:15 a.m., January 1, 1867 (9), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.