IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Mesghouneh, 1867
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/4 x 8 5/8 inches (5.7 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "near Mesghouneh. 4.45. PM.- Jan. 1.1867."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(18)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "4 up | Top"; in graphite, center: "54"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | marine art | river | river | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Lower Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.