- Deir Kadige, noon, January 2, 1867 (26)
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7/8 x 7 3/4 inches (2.2 x 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Deir Kadige. noon. 2 Jany. 1867"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "26"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "5. up middle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | marine art | palm trees | river | river | sails | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Deir Kadige, noon, January 2, 1867 (26), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.