IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, The Fates, 1847
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 17 3/8 inches (31 x 44.2 cm), Image: 8 7/8 x 11 7/16 inches (22.5 x 29 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches, No. 880"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left under image: "Published by T McLean 26 Haymarket, March 1847"; lower center: "THE FATES"; lower right: "Printed by McLean & Co 70 St Martin's Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | cutting | Irish | legislation | men | mythology | parody | political | religious and mythological subject | satire | scissors | sketches | women | yarn
- Associated People:
- the Fates
Wood, Sir Charles, 1st Viscount Halifax (1800 - 1885), politician/statesman
Baring, Sir Francis Thornhill, 1st Baron Northbrook (1796 - 1866), politician/statesman
Goulburn, Henry (1784-1856), politician/statesman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.