- The Fates
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 17 3/8 inches (31 x 44.2 cm) and Image: 8 7/8 x 11 7/16 inches (22.5 x 29 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches, No. 880"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left under image: "Published by T McLean 26 Haymarket, March 1847"; lower center: "THE FATES"; lower right: "Printed by McLean & Co 70 St Martin's Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | cutting | Irish | legislation | men | mythology | parody | political | religious and mythological subject | satire | scissors | sketches | women | yarn
- Associated People:
- the Fates
Baring, Sir Francis Thornhill, 1st Baron Northbrook (1796 - 1866), politician/statesman
Wood, Sir Charles, 1st Viscount Halifax (1800 - 1885), politician/statesman
Goulburn, Henry (1784-1856), politician/statesman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, The Fates, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.