Another Saint Sebastian, Shot at by Cruel Archers
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- 12 x 17 9/16 inches (30.5 x 44.6 cm) and 9 9/16 x 13 1/4 inches (24.3 x 33.6 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 894"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published Novr 20th 1847 by T McLean, 26, Haymarket"; lower center: "ANOTHER SAINT SEBASTIAN | SHOT AT BY CRUEL ARCHERS."; lower right: "Printed at 70, St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | archers | arrows | bow | historical subject | injury | legislation | martyr | men | money | political | politicians | politics | prisoner | religious and mythological subject | saint | satire | satirical | shot | sketches | tied | top hats | treasury | tree
- Associated People:
- Spooner, Richard (1783 - 1864), MP for Birmingham, later North Warwickshire
Saint Sebastian (d. ca. 288), Christian saint and martyr
Muntz, George Fredrick (1794 - 1857), MP for Birmingham
Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Another Saint Sebastian, Shot at by Cruel Archers, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.