Rowing in the Same Boat: Something Wrong at the Bottom... Weather Rather Squally
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- 11 15/16 x 18 1/16 inches (30.4 x 45.8 cm) and 10 1/4 x 13 1/8 inches (26 x 33.3 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 895"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left under image: "LONDON, Published by THos McLean 26 Haymarket, March 21st 1848"; lower center: "ROWING IN THE SAME BOAT. | SOMETHING WRONG AT BOTTOM, ____ WEATHER RATHER SQUALLY."; lower right: "PRINTED BY MCLEAN & CO 70 ST MARTINS LANE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | bucket | genre subject | hats | leaking | marine art | men | meteorology | ocean | political | politicians | politics | public opinion | riding | rowboat | rowing | sailing | satire | satirical | science | sinking (shipwreck) | sketches | storm | taxation | taxes | waves, tidal | weather
- Associated People:
- Grey, Sir George (1799-1882), MP, Secretary of State for the Home Department
Peel, Sir Robert (1788 - 1850), parliament, chief secretary for Ireland, home secretary, prime minister
Wood, Sir Charles, 1st Viscount Halifax (1800 - 1885), politician/statesman
Grey, Henry George, 3rd Earl Grey (1802 - 1894), Secretary of State for the Colonies, Lord Lieutenant
Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
Goulburn, Henry (1784-1856), politician/statesman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Rowing in the Same Boat: Something Wrong at the Bottom... Weather Rather Squally, 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.