The Rivals: Extremes Meet
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 18 1/16 inches (30.5 x 45.8 cm) and Image: 10 1/16 x 12 5/16 inches (25.5 x 31.2 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 902"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "London, Published May 22nd, 1848, by Thos McLean 26 Haymarket"; lower center: "THE RIVALS. | 'EXTREMES MEET.'"; lower right: "Printed at 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angry | bench | charter | chartism | cravats | fancy dress | gaze | genre subject | handscroll | legislation | men | nobility | parody | People's Charter of 1838 | political | politicians | posing | satire | sitting | sketches | solemn | top hats | working class
- Associated People:
- O'Connor, Feargus Edward (1796?–1855), Chartist leader
Drummond, Henry (1786–1860), politician and apostle of the Catholic Apostolic church
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, The Rivals: Extremes Meet, 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.