The Rivals: Extremes Meet
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- 12 x 18 1/16 inches (30.5 x 45.8 cm) and 10 1/16 x 12 5/16 inches (25.5 x 31.2 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 902"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "London, Published May 22nd, 1848, by Thos McLean 26 Haymarket"; lower center: "THE RIVALS. | 'EXTREMES MEET.'"; lower right: "Printed at 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angry | bench | charter | chartism | cravats | fancy dress | gaze | genre subject | handscroll | legislation | men | nobility | parody | People's Charter of 1838 | political | politicians | posing | satire | sitting | sketches | solemn | top hats | working class
- Associated People:
- O'Connor, Feargus Edward (1796?–1855), Chartist leader
Drummond, Henry (1786–1860), politician and apostle of the Catholic Apostolic church
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, The Rivals: Extremes Meet, 1848