A Strong Case for Shortening the Hours of Labour
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 18 1/8 inches (30.4 x 46 cm) and Image: 9 11/16 x 14 1/16 inches (24.6 x 35.7 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Political Sketches No 904"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "London Published September 28th 1848 by Thomas McLean, at Haymarket"; lower center: "A STRONG CASE FOR SHORTENING THE HOURS OF LABOUR."; lower right: "Printed by McLean & Co, 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- begging | bill | civil servants | crowd | fancy dress | fear | genre subject | gesturing | labor | legislation | listening | men | nobleman | parody | political | politicians | public servants | satire | satirical | sketches | talking | top hats | working
- Associated People:
- Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
Cooper, Anthony Ashley-, 7th Earl of Shaftesbury (1801-1885), philanthropist and politician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, A Strong Case for Shortening the Hours of Labour, 1848
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.