- Folkstone: Harbour, and Coast to Dover, Kent
- Line engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 13/16 × 14 3/4 inches (27.5 × 37.5 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 × 12 inches (24.8 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 1/8 × 9 5/16 inches (15.6 × 23.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.250"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "42"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Folkestone, | Harbour, and Coast to Dover, Kent. | London, Published 1831, for the Propietor, by Robert Jennings & William Chaplin, 62, Cheapside."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by J. Horsburgh | Printed by Mc Queen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Horsburgh, 1791–1869, British, Folkstone: Harbour, and Coast to Dover, Kent, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.