- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 4 3/4 × 7 3/8 inches (12.1 × 18.7 cm) and Image: 3 11/16 × 5 11/16 inches (9.4 × 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.326"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Foreground work added"; inscribed in grapihte, verso, lower left: "Print from the Book."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "The Keepsake 1832"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "ST GERMAIN-EN-LAY."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R. Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | château | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Saint-Germain-en-Laye | Saint-Germain-en-Laye, Château de | Seine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, St. Germain-en-Laye, 1826-1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.