IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, St. Germain-en-Laye, 1826-1837
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 7 3/8 inches (12.1 × 18.7 cm), Image: 3 11/16 × 5 11/16 inches (9.4 × 14.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.326"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Foreground work added"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Print from the Book."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "The Keepsake 1832"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower center: "ST GERMAIN-EN-LAY."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by R. Wallis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | château | cityscape | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Saint-Germain-en-Laye | Saint-Germain-en-Laye, Château de | Seine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.