Sir Godfrey Kneller
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 8 1/4 inches (27.6 x 20.9 cm), Plate: 10 1/2 x 7 15/16 inches (26.7 x 20.2 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 10 1/16 x 7 3/8 inches (25.5 x 18.8 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 3 7/8 inches (14.9 x 9.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "2/"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Ipse."; lower center: "SIR GODFREY KNELLER. | London, Published Jany. 1, 1821; for the Proprietor, by Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown: | and Baynes & Son, Paternoster Row."; lower right: "Corner Inct."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | artist | cloak | costume | curls | horse (animal) | landscape | men | nobility | portrait
- Associated People:
- Kneller, Sir Godfrey, baronet (1646–1723), history and portrait painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.