- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 16 7/16 x 12 3/8 inches (41.7 x 31.4 cm), Sheet: 14 3/16 x 10 3/16 inches (36 x 25.8 cm), and Image: 12 1/16 x 9 13/16 inches (30.7 x 25 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "P. S Beckett | 59"; in brown ink, on back of mount, lower center: "Second Charles H | A Colurne[...]o H. Clafs P389."; in graphite, on back of mount, lower right: "Smith 1813 | VII . [s-shaped mark] | 12/6"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "G. Kneller p."; lower center: "GODFRID [9-shaped mark] KNELLER Germ. | Carolo II. Monarcha Britann ad depingendum Ludovicum M in Gal | liam missus; Pictor utring vere Regius. | A. O. C. clc (last c backwards) lc (c backwards) clxxxv."; lower right: "I. Smith ex: I Beckett f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | curls | man | oval | painter | portrait
- Associated People:
- Kneller, Sir Godfrey, baronet (1646–1723), history and portrait painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Isaac Beckett, 1652/3–1719, British, Godfrey Kneller, 1685
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.