Claude la Fevre and Mr. John Hayls
- Additional Title(s):
Claude la Febvre and Mr. John Hayls.
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- 11 13/16 x 9 1/16 inches (30 x 23 cm), 6 11/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17 x 13.2 cm), and 5 5/8 x 4 13/16 inches (14.3 x 12.2 cm)
Lettered, upper center inside image: "CLAUDE LA FEVRE."; lower left inside image: "Mr. John Hayls."; lower left under image: "T. Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bearskins | buttons | collar | cravat | gaze | long hair | mantle | moustache | oval | portrait
- Associated People:
- Le Febvre, Claude (1633-1675), painter
Hayls, John (d. 1679), portrait painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Claude la Fevre and Mr. John Hayls, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.