William Hodges, R.A.
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 x 11 5/16 inches (40.3 x 28.7 cm), Plate: 10 11/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.2 x 20.2 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.2 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "5/-"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo Dance del.t March 10, 1793"; lower center: "W.d Hodges R.A. | Published by Will.m Daniell No. 9 Cleveland Street Fitzroy Square London Augst 15, 1810"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | collar | cravat | painter | portrait | posing | profile | ruffle | wig
- Associated People:
- Hodges, William (1744–1797), painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, William Hodges, R.A, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.