- Additional Title(s):
- Stipple engraving, etching, and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 11 x 9 inches (27.9 x 22.9 cm) and Image: 4 3/4 x 3 9/16 inches (12 x 9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "M(?)"
Lettered in black ink, upper center: "HOGARTH"; lower center: "From a Bust by Roubilliac in the Possession of George Baker Esqr. | Published by Longman Hurst Rees & Orme Nov. 1. 1809."; lower right: "T. Cook sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | cap (headgear) | coat | costume | hat | man | paint | paintbrushes | painter | palette | plinth | portrait | sculpture | statue | still life | tassels
- Associated People:
- Hogarth, William (1697–1764), painter and engraver
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Cook, 1744–1818, British, William Hogarth, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.