- Henry Howard
- between 1802 and 1814
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 15/16 x 11 1/8 inches (45.5 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.5 x 20.2 cm), and Image: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.5 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "William DANIELL (aft. George Dance)"; lower right: "5/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower left (very faint): "Dance"; lower center: "Henry Howard"; lower right (very faint): "Daniell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | collar | cravat | painter | portrait | posing | profile | solemn
- Associated People:
- Howard, Henry (1769–1847), portrait and history painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Henry Howard, between 1802 and 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.