IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Henry Howard, between 1802 and 1814
- between 1802 and 1814
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 15/16 x 11 1/8 inches (45.5 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.5 x 20.2 cm), Image: 10 13/16 x 7 15/16 inches (27.5 x 20.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "William DANIELL (aft. George Dance)"; lower right: "5/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower left (very faint): "Dance"; lower center: "Henry Howard"; lower right (very faint): "Daniell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | collar | cravat | painter | portrait | posing | profile | solemn
- Associated People:
- Howard, Henry (1769–1847), portrait and history painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.