- Funeral of the Late Duke of Wellington
- after 1893
- Aquatint and stipple engraving; color woodcut by Mockler on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid on contemporary mount made of thick, slightly textured, orange-beige wove card
- Mount: 9 x 6 5/16 inches (22.9 x 16 cm), Sheet: 7 1/2 x 5 1/8 inches (19 x 13 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 4 11/16 inches (17.2 x 11.9 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 x 4 7/16 inches (15.9 x 11.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back of mount, upper left: "J 626 | 6"; in graphite: "13 (encircled)"
stamped in blue ink, on back of mount, center: "FREDERICK MOCKLER, | WOTTON-UNDER-EDGE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | armed forces | audience | bearskin | carriages | carts | cathedral | ceremony | city | cityscape | clock | clouds | coffin | costume | crowd | death | dome | event | fence | funeral | guards | hats | historical subject | horses (animals) | men | pillars | procession | sarcophagus | statue | swords | uniforms
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Greater London | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Wellesley, Arthur, first duke of Wellington (1769–1852), army officer and prime minister
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Imitator of George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, Funeral of the Late Duke of Wellington, after 1893
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.