IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Imitator of George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, Funeral of the Late Duke of Wellington, after 1893
Funeral of the Late Duke of Wellington
- Former Title(s):
Funeral of the Duke of Wellington
St. Paul's Cathedral
- after 1893
- Aquatint and stipple engraving; color woodcut by Mockler on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid on contemporary mount made of thick, slightly textured, orange-beige wove card
- Mount: 9 x 6 5/16 inches (22.9 x 16 cm), Sheet: 7 1/2 x 5 1/8 inches (19 x 13 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 4 11/16 inches (17.2 x 11.9 cm), Image: 6 1/4 x 4 7/16 inches (15.9 x 11.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back of mount, upper left: "J 626 | 6"; in graphite: "13 (encircled)"
stamped in blue ink, on back of mount, center: "FREDERICK MOCKLER, | WOTTON-UNDER-EDGE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | armed forces | audience | bearskin | carriages | carts | cathedral | ceremony | city | cityscape | clock | clouds | coffin | costume | crowd | death | dome | event | fence | funeral | guards | hats | historical subject | horses (animals) | men | pillars | procession | sarcophagus | statue | swords | uniforms
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Greater London | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Wellesley, Arthur, first duke of Wellington (1769–1852), army officer and prime minister
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Creative Printmaker (Joseph and Margaret Muscarelle Museum of Art, 1986-03-05 - 1986-04-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Creative Printmaker (Yale Center for British Art, 1985-07-09 - 1985-09-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.