Funeral of the Late Duke of Wellington
- Former Title(s):
Funeral of the Duke of Wellington
St. Paul's Cathedral
- after 1893
- Aquatint and stipple engraving; color woodcut by Mockler on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid on contemporary mount made of thick, slightly textured, orange-beige wove card
- Mount: 8 7/8 x 6 inches (22.5 x 15.3 cm), Sheet: 7 9/16 x 4 15/16 inches (19.2 x 12.6 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 4 5/8 inches (17.2 x 11.8 cm), and Image: 6 5/8 x 4 3/8 inches (16.8 x 11.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back of mount, upper left: "J 626 | 6"; in graphite: "13 (encircled)"; on back of mount, lower right: "A (encircled)"
stamped in blue ink, on back of mount, center: "FREDERICK MOCKLER, | WOTTON-UNDER-EDGE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | armed forces | audience | bearskin | carriages | carts | cathedral | ceremony | city | cityscape | clock | clouds | coffin | costume | crowd | death | dome | event | fence | funeral | guards | hats | historical subject | horses (animals) | men | pillars | procession | sarcophagus | statue | swords | uniforms
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Greater London | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Wellesley, Arthur, first duke of Wellington (1769–1852), army officer and prime minister
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Imitator of George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, Funeral of the Late Duke of Wellington, after 1893
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.