William Tell's Chapel
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 1/8 × 12 1/8 inches (43.5 × 30.8 cm), Plate: 10 3/8 × 5 5/8 inches (26.4 × 14.3 cm), and Image: 2 7/8 × 3 1/2 inches (7.3 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.349 (c)"; lower left: "2. WIlliam Tells Chapel. Proof before any letters"; inscribed on verso in black ink: "103063"
Blind embossed below image: "JWT"; blind embossed, lower right: "W.G.R"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chapel | historical subject | lake | landscape (representation)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Lucerne, Lake | Sisikon | Switzerland | Tellskapelle | Uri
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, William Tell's Chapel, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.