William Tell's Chapel
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 17 1/8 × 12 1/8 inches (43.5 × 30.8 cm), Plate: 10 3/8 × 5 5/8 inches (26.4 × 14.3 cm), and Image: 2 7/8 × 3 1/2 inches (7.3 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.349 (c)"; lower left: "2. WIlliam Tells Chapel. Proof before any letters"; inscribed on verso in black ink: "103063"
Blind embossed below image: "JWT"; blind embossed, lower right: "W.G.R"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chapel | historical subject | lake | landscape (representation)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Lucerne, Lake | Sisikon | Switzerland | Tellskapelle | Uri
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, William Tell's Chapel, 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.