- May Sinclair
- Graphite, gray wash and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted to card
- Sheet: 14 1/4 × 10 3/8 inches (36.2 × 26.4 cm) and Mount: 14 1/4 × 10 3/8 inches (36.2 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, beginning center left: " CONSCIOUS NOTE 3B MA | PRAGMATISM | VITALISM | THE NEW MYSTICISM | THE NEW REALISM | LOZ CHAP. VI | PSYCHOPOGY OF THE UNCONSCIOUS | THE WAY OF SUBLIMATION | sOME QUESTIONS AND CONC.."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- butterfly | caricature | crowns (symbols of sovereignty) | hearts (motifs) | nocks | portrait | wings (costume accessories) | writings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Jean de Bosschere, 1878–1953, Belgian, May Sinclair, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.