- Proof for an illustration: Walton, Izaak. The Complete Angler. London, 1836.
- Etching on thin, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 × 5 3/8 inches (20.3 × 13.7 cm), Image: 5 1/2 × 4 1/4 inches (14 × 10.8 cm), and Mount: 12 1/2 × 9 1/2 inches (31.8 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, lower center: "India proof of John Thompson's engraving from | Worthington's drawing."; in graphite, lower center: "Vol 2 OPP P.323 (U.N.)
Lettered below image: "Thompson S.C. 1836"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Thompson, 1785–1866, British, Proof for an illustration: Walton, Izaak. The Complete Angler. London, 1836, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.