A View of Pont Neuf, the Mint, &c.
- Soft ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 10 7/8 x 25 1/2 inches (27.6 x 64.8 cm), and Image: 7 7/8 x 22 1/2 inches (20 x 57.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, recto, lower right: "Pont Neuf The Mi[...]"
1801 | J WHATMAN
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Etch'd Drawn & Pubd July 16 1802 by T Girtin Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Bourse de Paris | Europe | France | Paris | Pont Neuf | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, A View of Pont Neuf, the Mint, &c, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.