A View of Pont Neuf, the Mint, &c.
- Aquatint with soft ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 10 3/4 x 25 1/2 inches (27.3 x 64.8 cm), and Image: 7 7/8 x 22 1/2 inches (20 x 57.2 cm)
J WHATMAN | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Thos. Girtin"; lower right: "Aquatinted by F.C. Lewis"; lower left: "A View of Pont Neuf, the Mint, &c."; lower right: "Vue du Pont Neuf, & de L'Hotel de la Monaie, &c."; lower left: "SUBSC PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pub. Jany. 25, 1803, by JNO. GIRTIN, N. 1, Little Newport Street, Gerrard Street SOHO"; and lower right: "8"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Bourse de Paris | Europe | France | Paris | Pont Neuf | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, A View of Pont Neuf, the Mint, &c, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.