View of Pont au Change, the City Theatre, Pont Neuf, Conciergerie Prison, &c., taken from Pont Notre Dame
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 x 21 7/8 inches (29.8 x 55.6 cm), Image: 9 x 19 inches (22.9 x 48.3 cm)
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Thos. Girtin."; lower right: "Aquatinted by F.C. Lewis."; lower left: "View of PONT AU CHANGE, | the City Theatre, Pont Neuf, Conciergerie Prison, &c. | taken from PONT NOTRE DAME."; lower right: "Vue du PONT AU CHANGE, | du Tehatre de la Cite, du Pont Neuf, du Conciergerie, &c. | prise du PONT DE NOTRE DAME."; lower left: "SUB PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pub. Jany. 1. 1803, by JNO. GIRTIN, No. 1, Little Newport STreet, SOHO."; and lower right: "9"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Bourse de Paris | Conciergerie | Europe | France | Paris | Pont au Change | Pont Neuf | Théâtre de la Ville – Sarah-Bernhardt | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of Pont au Change, the City Theatre, Pont Neuf, Conciergerie Prison, &c., taken from Pont Notre Dame, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.