View of Belle Vue and Pont de Seve taken from the Terrace near Pont de St. Cloud
- Soft ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), 8 13/16 x 21 5/16 inches (22.4 x 54.1 cm), and 5 7/8 x 18 3/8 inches (14.9 x 46.7 cm)
1801 | J WHATMAN
In lettering, recto, lower right: "[...] Drawn & Pubd Sept 2 1802 by T Girtin Islingt[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Boulogne-Billancourt | Europe | France | Hauts-de-Seine | Pont-de-Sèvres | Seine | Sèvres | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of Belle Vue and Pont de Seve taken from the Terrace near Pont de St. Cloud, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.