IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of Belle Vue and Pont de Seve taken from the Terrace near Pont de St. Cloud, 1802
View of Belle Vue and Pont de Seve taken from the Terrace near Pont de St. Cloud
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 8 3/4 x 21 3/4 inches (22.2 x 55.2 cm), Image: 5 7/8 x 18 1/4 inches (14.9 x 46.4 cm)
J WHATMAN | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Thos. Girtin."; lower right: "Aquatinted by F C Lewis"; lower left: "View of Belle Vue & Pont de Seve | taken from the TERRACE near Pont de St. Cloud."; lower right: "Vue de Belle Vue & du Pont de Seve | prise de la TERRACE pres le Pont de St. Cloud."; lower left: "SUBSCN. PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pub. Decr. 16. 1802, by THOS. & JNO. GIRTIN, No. 2, Little Newport Street, Gerrard Street, SOHO."; and lower right: "13"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Boulogne-Billancourt | Europe | France | Hauts-de-Seine | Pont-de-Sèvres | Seine | Sèvres | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.