- View of Belle Vue and Pont de Seve taken from the Terrace near Pont de St. Cloud
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 8 3/4 x 21 3/4 inches (22.2 x 55.2 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 18 1/4 inches (14.9 x 46.4 cm)
J WHATMAN | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Thos. Girtin."; lower right: "Aquatinted by F C Lewis"; lower left: "View of Belle Vue & Pont de Seve | taken from the TERRACE near Pont de St. Cloud."; lower right: "Vue de Belle Vue & du Pont de Seve | prise de la TERRACE pres le Pont de St. Cloud."; lower left: "SUBSCN. PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pub. Decr. 16. 1802, by THOS. & JNO. GIRTIN, No. 2, Little Newport Street, Gerrard Street, SOHO."; and lower right: "13"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Boulogne-Billancourt | Europe | France | Hauts-de-Seine | Pont-de-Sèvres | Seine | Sèvres | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of Belle Vue and Pont de Seve taken from the Terrace near Pont de St. Cloud, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.