The Waterworks at Marli; and St. Germain en Laye seen in the distance
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 8 3/4 x 21 1/4 inches (22.2 x 54 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 18 3/8 inches (14.9 x 46.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, recto, lower right: "[...]"
1801 | J WHATMAN
In lettering, lower right: "Etch'd Drawn & Pubd Sept 2 1802 by T Girtin Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Acqueduct of Louveciennes | Europe | France | Louveciennes | Marly-le-Roi | Saint-Germain-en-Laye | Seine | Yvelines | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, The Waterworks at Marli; and St. Germain en Laye seen in the distance, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.