View of the Village of Chaillot and &c., taken from Pont de la Concorde
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 7 7/8 x 21 5/8 inches (20 x 54.9 cm), and Image: 5 x 18 3/4 inches (12.7 x 47.6 cm)
J WHATMAN | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by T. Girtin"; lower right: "Aquatinted by F. C. Lewis"; lower left: "View of the Village of Chaillot, &c. | taken from PONT de la CONCORDE."; lower right: "Vue du Village de Chaillot, &c. | prise du PONT de la CONCORDE."; lower left: "SUBSCRN PRINT."; lower center: "LONDON: Publish'd Jany. 16. 1803, by JNO. Girtin, No. 1, Little Newport Street, Gerrard Street, SOHO."; and lower right: "17"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Paris | Pont de la Concorde | Quartier de Chaillot | Seine | Ville de Paris, Départment de | Île-de-France
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Village of Chaillot and &c., taken from Pont de la Concorde, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.