View of St. Cloud and Mount Calvary taken from Pont de Seve
- Soft ground etched outline on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 inches (46.4 x 66 cm), Plate: 8 x 21 1/8 inches (20.3 x 53.7 cm), and Image: 5 1/16 x 18 7/8 inches (12.9 x 47.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, recto, lower right: "St Cloud"
1801 | J WHATMAN
In lettering, recto, lower right: "Drawn Etch'd & Pubd Aug 9, 1802 by T. Girtin Islington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Hauts-de-Seine | Pont-de-Sèvres | Saint-Cloud | Seine | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of St. Cloud and Mount Calvary taken from Pont de Seve, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.