- The Water Mill above the Bridge at Charenton
- Aquatint with soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3/4 x 26 inches (1.8 x 66 cm), Plate: 8 1/16 x 13 1/16 inches (20.5 x 33.2 cm), and Image: 6 1/8 x 11 1/8 inches (15.6 x 28.3 cm)
J WHATMAN | 1801
In lettering, recto, lower left: "Drawn & Etch'd by Thos. Girtin."; lower right: "Aquatinted by F. C. Lewis."; lower left: "The WATER MILL above the Bridge | AT CHARENTON."; lower right: "Le MOULIN A EAU au dessous du pont | DE CHARENTON"; lower left: "SUB PRINT"; lower center: "LONDON: Pub. January 1. 1803 by J. Girtin, No. 1, Little Newport Street, Gerrard Street, SOHO."; and lower right: "20"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Associated Places:
- Charenton-le-Pont | Europe | France | Pont de Charenton-le-Pont | Val-de-Marne | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, The Water Mill above the Bridge at Charenton, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.