View of Queen Square
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/2 × 24 7/16 inches (49.5 × 62.1 cm), Plate: 17 3/4 × 22 inches (45.1 × 55.9 cm), and Image: 15 7/16 × 20 13/16 inches (39.2 × 52.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "33"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by E. Dayes"; lettered, lower right: "Aquatinted by R. Dodd Engrav'd by R. Pollard | To the LADIES and GENTLEMEN INHABITANTS | THIS VIEW OF QUEEN SQUARE | Is with the greatest respect inscribed by their obedient & obliged Servant | Robt. Pollard | London Pub'd July 1 1789 by R. Pollard No.7 Braynes Row Spa Fields"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | architectural subject | barrels | beggar | boy | breeches (trousers) | buildings | carriage | carrying | cart | children | cityscape | clock tower | couple | dogs (animals) | fashion | fences | flower basket | flowers (plants) | genre subject | gown | hats | hills | horses (animals) | lampposts | men | merchant | nobility | peasants | queen (person) | square | statue | streets | tailcoats | tricornes | vendor | wagon | walking | weathervane | women
- Associated Places:
- Bloomsbury | Camden | England | Greater London | Queen Square | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Charlotte (1744–1818), queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and queen of Hanover, consort of George III
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.