View of Queen Square
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/2 × 24 7/16 inches (49.5 × 62.1 cm), Plate: 17 3/4 × 22 inches (45.1 × 55.9 cm), and Image: 15 7/16 × 20 13/16 inches (39.2 × 52.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "33"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by E. Dayes"; lettered, lower right: "Aquatinted by R. Dodd Engrav'd by R. Pollard | To the LADIES and GENTLEMEN INHABITANTS | THIS VIEW OF QUEEN SQUARE | Is with the greatest respect inscribed by their obedient & obliged Servant | Robt. Pollard | London Pub'd July 1 1789 by R. Pollard No.7 Braynes Row Spa Fields"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | architectural subject | barrels | beggar | boy | breeches (trousers) | buildings | carriage | carrying | cart | children | cityscape | clock tower | couple | dogs (animals) | fashion | fences | flower basket | flowers (plants) | genre subject | gown | hats | hills | horses (animals) | lampposts | men | merchant | nobility | peasants | queen (person) | square | statue | streets | tailcoats | tricornes | vendor | wagon | walking | weathervane | women
- Associated Places:
- Bloomsbury | Camden | England | Greater London | Queen Square | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Charlotte (1744–1818), queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and queen of Hanover, consort of George III
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.