Brahmins at a Toolsee Altar
- Part Of:
- Chromolithograph on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 9 5/8 x 6 5/16 inches (24.5 x 16 cm), Sheet: 6 5/8 x 5 3/16 inches (16.9 x 13.1 cm), and Image: 6 5/16 x 5 3/16 inches (16 x 13.1 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "C Doyly delt."; lower center: "BRAHMINS at a TOOLSEE ALTAR."; lower right: "Behar Lith.y"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | arches | ascetics | bamboo | bowl | child | clouds | cow | genre subject | grass | Indian | plants | religion | stone | stones | trees | woman
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Charles D'Oyly, 1781–1845, British, active in India, Brahmins at a Toolsee Altar, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.