Print made by Sir Charles D'Oyly, 1781–1845, British, active in India, Brahmins at a Toolsee Altar, ca. 1830
Brahmins at a Toolsee Altar
- Part Of:
- ca. 1830
- Lithograph with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 9 5/8 x 6 5/16 inches (24.5 x 16 cm), 6 5/8 x 5 3/16 inches (16.9 x 13.1 cm), and 6 5/16 x 5 3/16 inches (16 x 13.1 cm)
Lettered below image: "C D'Oyly delt. | BRAHMINS at a TOOLSEE ALTAR. | Behar Lith.y"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- altar | arches | ascetics | bamboo | bowl | brahmins | child | clouds | cow | genre subject | grass | Indian | offerings | plants | religion | stone | stones | trees | woman
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.