- The Society of Dilettanti
- between 1800 and 1820
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 20 1/2 × 15 1/4 inches (52.1 × 38.7 cm) and Image: 18 7/8 × 14 3/4 inches (47.9 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "billet an le freight | No.2"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered below image, lower left to lower right: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinxt. Lord Mulgrave. Lord Dundas. Honble. Charles Greville. Charles Crowle Esqr. Duke of Leeds. Sir Joseph Banks. Turner Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Say, 1768–1834, British, The Society of Dilettanti, between 1800 and 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.