Study: Head of a Bearded Old Man in a Cap with his Head Resting on his Hand
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 9/16 x 5 7/8 inches (16.6 x 14.9 cm), Plate: 5 9/16 x 5 1/16 inches (14.2 x 12.8 cm), and Image: 5 9/16 x 5 1/16 inches (14.2 x 12.8 cm)
Lettered, upper right: "J. Chalon | invt et Fc 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | cap | cape | figure study | man | old
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Chalon, 1738 – 1795, Study: Head of a Bearded Old Man in a Cap with his Head Resting on his Hand, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.