Alan Ramsay Scotus
- Additional Title(s):
Frontispiece to "The Gentle Shepherd"
- Part Of:
- Aquatint, stipple engraving, and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 7/8 inches (28.3 x 22.5 cm), Plate: 10 1/16 x 7 13/16 inches (25.6 x 19.9 cm), and Image: 9 1/8 x 6 15/16 inches (23.2 x 17.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center, within frame: "ALAN · RAMSAY SCOTUS"; lower left: "A. Ramsay. ad. viv. del."; lower center: "For Watt & Baillie Publishers & Stationers Leith 1. June 1808."; lower right: "D,, Allan Sc,, Edin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bust | collar | frame (furnishing) | frontispiece (illustration) | horns | illustration | man | mask | poem | portrait | profile | ribbons | scroll (motif) | self-portrait | sheet music | steeple
- Associated People:
- Ramsay, Allan (1684–1758), poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Allan, 1744–1796, British, born in Scotland, Alan Ramsay Scotus, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.