- Bauldy, Symon and Sir William Worthy
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 15/16 inches (28.3 x 22.7 cm), Plate: 10 3/8 x 7 7/8 inches (26.3 x 20 cm), and Image: 9 x 7 1/16 inches (22.9 x 17.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Bauldy. Ah! Sir the witch ca'd Mause. | That wins abova the Mill among the haws, | As she had tristed, I met wi'er this night | But may nae friend o'mine get [...] a fright! | For Watt & Baillie Publishers & Stationers Leith 1 June 1808."; lower right: "Act V Scene I."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | breeches | brocade | caps | coats | cottage | cradle | curtains | door | gesture | gun (small arm) | illustration | interior | jackets | ladder | literary theme | men | pastoral | peasants | poem | pointing | pot | rafters | shepherd | shirts | slippers | surprise | talking | tub | woman
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Allan, 1744–1796, British, born in Scotland, Bauldy, Symon and Sir William Worthy, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.