The Grange at the Head of Keswick Lake
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 x 6 1/8 inches (9.5 x 15.6 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/8 x 9 1/2 inches (18.1 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower right: "F. Towne | 1786"; in brown ink, verso, lower left: "No 29 The Grange at the Head | of Keswick Lake"
Signed and dated in black ink, lower right: "F. Towne | 1786"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape | mountains | people | river | village
- Associated Places:
- Cumbria | England | Europe | Keswick | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Towne, 1740–1816, British, The Grange at the Head of Keswick Lake, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.