The Grange at the Head of Keswick Lake
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/4 x 6 1/8 inches (9.5 x 15.6 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 7 1/8 x 9 1/2 inches (18.1 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower right: "F. Towne | 1786"; in brown ink, verso, lower left: "No 29 The Grange at the Head | of Keswick Lake"
Signed and dated in black ink, lower right: "F. Towne | 1786"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape | mountains | people | river | village
- Associated Places:
- Cumbria | England | Europe | Keswick | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Towne, 1740–1816, British, The Grange at the Head of Keswick Lake, 1786