IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Richard Hamilton, 1922–2011, British, Picasso's Meninas, 1973
- Additional Title(s):
Picasso's Meninas for John
- Etching, soft-ground etching, stipple engraving, open-bite, lift-ground aquatint, line engraving, drypoint, and burnishing; artist's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 29 13/16 x 22 3/8 inches (75.8 x 56.8 cm), Plate: 22 1/2 x 19 3/8 inches (57.2 x 49.2 cm), Image: 22 3/8 x 19 1/4 inches (56.9 x 48.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite in artist's hand, lower left below image: "Picasso's meninas for John"; inscribed in graphite in artist's hand, lower right below image: "AP 14/15"
Signed below image in graphite, lower right: "Richard Hamilton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Russell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | artist | bull | canvas | communism | court (social group) | cow | doorway | historical subject | insignia | interior | paintings | palette | Pop art | portrait | princesses | reflection
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Spain
- Associated People:
- Picasso, Pablo (1881-1973), Spanish painter, sculptor, and printmaker
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Influence, Anxiety and Gratitude (MIT List Visual Arts Center, 2003-05-08 - 2003-07-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
20th Century Works on Paper - Recent Acquisitions (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-11-01 - 2002-03-31) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.