Castle at Tancarville
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/16 x 20 1/8 inches (36.1 x 51.1 cm), Plate: 10 3/16 x 14 7/16 inches (25.8 x 36.6 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 13 7/16 inches (22.3 x 34.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left, written vertically from top to bottom: "P 206"
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "Pl.85."; lower left: "Drawn & Etched by J. S. Cotman."; lower center: "CASTLE AT TANCARVILLE. | London. Published 1st. Octr. 1821, by J. & A. Arch, Cornhill, & J. S. Cotman, Yarmouth."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Russell
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | boats | buildings | castle | cliffs | coast | houses | landscape | river | riverbanks | shore (landform) | trees | turret (tower) | walls
- Associated Places:
- Château de Tancarville | France | Haute-Normandie | Seine | Seine-Maritime, Département de la | Tancarville
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Castle at Tancarville, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.