- Castle at Tancarville
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/16 x 20 1/8 inches (36.1 x 51.1 cm), Plate: 10 3/16 x 14 7/16 inches (25.8 x 36.6 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 13 7/16 inches (22.3 x 34.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left, written vertically from top to bottom: "P 206"
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "Pl.85."; lower left: "Drawn & Etched by J. S. Cotman."; lower center: "CASTLE AT TANCARVILLE. | London. Published 1st. Octr. 1821, by J. & A. Arch, Cornhill, & J. S. Cotman, Yarmouth."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Russell
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | boats | buildings | castle | cliffs | coast | houses | landscape | river | riverbanks | shore (landform) | trees | turret (tower) | walls
- Associated Places:
- Château de Tancarville | France | Haute-Normandie | Seine | Seine-Maritime, Département de la | Tancarville
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Castle at Tancarville, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.