IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Castle at Tancarville, 1821
Castle at Tancarville
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/16 x 20 1/8 inches (36.1 x 51.1 cm), Plate: 10 3/16 x 14 7/16 inches (25.8 x 36.6 cm), Image: 8 3/4 x 13 7/16 inches (22.3 x 34.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left, written vertically from top to bottom: "P 206"
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "Pl.85."; lower left: "Drawn & Etched by J. S. Cotman."; lower center: "CASTLE AT TANCARVILLE. | London. Published 1st. Octr. 1821, by J. & A. Arch, Cornhill, & J. S. Cotman, Yarmouth."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Russell
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | boats | buildings | castle | cliffs | coast | houses | landscape | river | riverbanks | shore (landform) | trees | turret (tower) | walls
- Associated Places:
- Château de Tancarville | France | Haute-Normandie | Seine | Seine-Maritime, Département de la | Tancarville
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.