The Foot Bridge
- Watercolor and black and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 6 7/8 x 9 inches (17.5 x 22.9 cm) and 11 1/8 x 13 3/8 inches (28.3 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "F. Towne del. 1780"; in graphite, lower left: "F. Towne del 1780"; in graphite, lower right: "1773"; in graphite, lower left: "Towne's own mount, but damaged."; in black ink, lower center: "The Foot. Bridge"; lower right: "Francis Towne, 1780. | Martin Hardie."
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "F. Towne del. | 1780"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | hill | landscape | stream | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.