- Additional Title(s):
Verso: A Church and Courtyard
- Watercolor, graphite and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 x 7 inches (12.7 x 17.8 cm) and Frame: 14 × 15 1/2 × 5/8 inches (35.6 × 39.4 × 1.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower left: "Champagnole. April 18th."; inscribed on back in graphite upper right: "Coppet"; in graphite lower left: "30"; in pen and black ink lower right: "Coppet. April 20th the roof of the trough of wood, | padlocked down."; in graphite lower right: "[ . . . ]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Given in honor of Patrick Noon, Curator of Prints, Drawings & Rare Books (1979-97), from the collection of Iola S. Haverstick
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Champagnole | Coppet | France | Franche-Comté | Jura
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.