- Additional Title(s):
Verso: A Church and Courtyard
- Watercolor, graphite and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 5 x 7 inches (12.7 x 17.8 cm) and 14 × 15 1/2 × 5/8 inches (35.6 × 39.4 × 1.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower left: "Champagnole. April 18th."; inscribed on back in graphite upper right: "Coppet"; in graphite lower left: "30"; in pen and black ink lower right: "Coppet. April 20th the roof of the trough of wood, | padlocked down."; in graphite lower right: "[ . . . ]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Given in honor of Patrick Noon, Curator of Prints, Drawings & Rare Books (1979-97), from the collection of Iola S. Haverstick
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | mountains
- Associated Places:
- Champagnole | Coppet | France | Franche-Comté | Jura
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.