- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 1 9/16 x 11 5/8 inches (4 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "near Maimoun. Jany 2. 1.45PM.1867. no end of Geese. Sand hills [very?] light off sand and water."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(31)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: 6. up | next below Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | geese | hills | landscape | marine art | river | river | sails | sand | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.