Sixteen Appearances of the Union Jack
- Screen print; artist's proof on thick, moderately textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/4 x 26 7/8in. (46.4 x 68.3cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "artist's proof"
Lettered lower center: "Sixteen Appearances Of The Union Jack: After Photo Gree | tings 501. JWS 575. Dixon Lon6615. Skilton 91552. BP60. John | Hinde 3L36. Young Lon17. Anon 142. JH 3LS. PG162 & 430. Ski | lton 71. Dixon L17890TV. Wilbro. Harvey Barton 3022. Anon | Unnumbered Brighton - Tom Phillips . XXVIII . III . MCMLXXIV"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "Tom Phillips LXXIV"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Keith C. and Mildred B. Marshall
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | collage | flags | text | Union Jack
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Tom Phillips, born 1937, British, Sixteen Appearances of the Union Jack, 1974
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.