- Gebel Sheikh Embarak
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/16 x 10 inches (5.2 x 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Gebel Sheikh Embarah. 11.30AM. Jany.3.1867"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Mountain pale creamy pink"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(44)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "8 up | next below"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | landscape | marine art | river | river | sails | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebel Sheikh Embarak, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.