- Additional Title(s):
- Mezzotint on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- 20 1/2 x 16 9/16 inches (52 x 42 cm), 20 1/4 x 16 9/16 inches (51.5 x 42 cm), 19 1/4 x 14 15/16 inches (48.9 x 38 cm), and 15 7/8 x 12 13/16 inches (40.3 x 32.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "754"; lower center left: "Artist"; lower right: "21/"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "PAINTED BY SIR J. WATSON GORDON, R.A."; lower left: "Printed by W. Hatton"; lower center under image: "D Cox"; lower right under image: "ENGRAVED BY SAMUEL BELLIN."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | cane | chair | coat | cravats | jacket | lounge suits | man | portrait | trousers
- Associated People:
- Cox, David (1783-1859), landscape painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Bellin, 1799–1894, British, David Cox, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.